Thursday, March 17, 2011

Week One over and feeling great!

So, it's been a week and I am so fired up! I love that the inner skinny girl is just kicking this fat girls butt.
I had my official weigh in today and I was absolutely floored. I seriously couldn't believe it.  263 pounds.

That's a 12 pound loss!!!

Now, I know that a lot of that is water weight. I know that I will not lose that much next week. Heck, I probably won't lose at all as my body adjusts. But HOT DOG! 12 pounds sure feels good! I feel more energetic. More alive. I know that losing the 12 pounds didnt do that but losing something sure boosted my confidence and that's half of this battle. I hope you all are feeling this "I can do anything" energy also. It makes this fight a little more enjoyable.

How about a little challenge for the upcoming week? Pick one small thing to accomplish. Maybe work out 3 times this week. Maybe give up your favorite soda. I kicked my Pepsi habit but Im struggling on drinking enough water. That will be my challenge for the week. Drink 8 glasses every day. Let me know what yours is!

~Candie

5 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you! Amazing accomplishment and super spirit. I hope some of it rubs off on me. Last week, I did so well eating fresh fruits and veggies - but suffered greatly from trying to remove carbs from my diet. I decided to add them back this week and try to make healthier choices. I feel better - but don't feel like I am eating as well as I should. I plan to hit the gym hard a couple times before weigh-in next Tuesday. Definitely not expecting a great loss. Keep up the great work and positive attitude. It is refreshing to read your post! ~ Blondie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I could ever do no carb but I am pretty low carb. Most of my carbs are fruit although I do usually have a pita a day. I can definitely feel my addiction to them lessening. At this point I don't really MISS them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having a rough week. I am still exercising but I reintroduced a few "healthy" carbs back into my diet this week after avoiding them last week. I am still loading up on veggies and fruits - but probably not enough protein. I cheated and weighed yesterday although my official day is Tuesday - and I have gained almost a pound back in 4 days. :0( - I don't know how to not be discouraged. I have been exercising for 6 weeks and "dieting" for 2 weeks. When do results start to happen?!?! ~ Blondie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't get discouraged!

    What kind of work out are you doing? Cardio? Are you drinking enough water? After workouts your muscles try to hold on to water to help heal so you may have some water weight.

    What kind of diet are you doing?

    Candie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay on the lbs lost!!! Congrats and I hope we can do the same Candie =)

    @ Blondie
    Eating too many fruits will not help and lots of water intake is a must. When I lost 80 lbs in 4 months before I was on a at least 1 hr cardio (get on the treadmill and walk face paced) and eat only couple of pieces of fruit a day along with lots of salad and grilled items.
    Eating food that burns each other helps immensely.
    Good luck ladies, I am back from the sickness land so I hope I can be more active on the blog now.
    Hugs

    Dream

    ReplyDelete