Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I Am Eating to Cleanse!

Here goes my first post...

A month ago, I started working out at the gym. I try to mix cardio with strength training and I am slowly learning how to exercise more effectively. However, after 4 weeks of workouts at 4+ times per week - I had no weight loss. This is very discouraging because I do not enjoy going to the gym in the first place. Since I have kicked my activity level into high gear and not lost any weight, I now know that my diet is paying a larger role in the equation.

This past weekend I visited my family. My mom has recently started a new diet plan that she heard about through a coworker. It works in cycles with the first being basically a cleansing cycle. On the first cycle you CAN eat: unlimited poultry and fish (no shellfish), unlimited "cleansing" vegetables, 2 fruits a day from a select list, 2 probiotics a day (yogurt, cottage cheese, kefir, etc...), 2 eggs a day, 1-2 tbsp of healthy oils and condiments from a select list. The beverage list includes: water, green tea, coffee and diet soda. My mom lost about 4 pounds in her first week! So, I watched what she was eating over the weekend and decided to give it a go myself. Yesterday was my first day and I feel pretty good about it. I went grocery shopping this morning and I have to say that I really enjoyed filling my basket with bright and colorful fruits and vegetables. Today I have enjoyed: fruit and yogurt for breakfast and a taco salad (ground turkey - no chips) for lunch and I feel pretty satisfied!

Tuesday is my weigh-in day and I now weigh: 155.4 (1.6 pounds lost since last Tuesday!!!)

Smiles,
BLONDIE

No comments:

Post a Comment