Monday, March 7, 2011

I'll go first!

There are five of us posting on this blog. That means we will have 5 stories, at least 5 lessons to learn and 5 goals to achieve. Hopefully in our triumphs and trials you will see something you can relate to. I will start by telling a little bit of my story and how I got to where I am today.

I'm a big girl. But from what I've seen, not the typical big girl. I'm not a yo-yo dieter. I don't shy from the camera and you will hardly ever hear me say a word about my weight or my calorie intake. I'm sure part of this is denial. But most of the time I have other things on my mind. It's just not something I think about. 

I'm very close to 40. And I am starting to notice a few signs of aging ;) I'm not a paragon of health. I am medicated for high blood pressure and sometimes when my eyesight it blurry I get nervous. I have horrible heartburn that I have denied for years had anything to do with what I ate. I am finally coming to the realization that just because I don't talk about it, or stress about it - doesn't mean there isn't a problem. 

So thanks to Dream for suggesting we diet cross-country together. And thanks to my pathological desire to blog we have this online journal. Join us in our journey. Comment. Ask questions. Start your own blog (we'll link to you!) and let's lose this weight before we lose our minds! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment